Sunday, February 12, 2006

Song Forty-Four

Golly, we have a lot of clothes! But, they're all folded, and most are even put away. And, for good measure, I cleaned the kitchen and living room. I'm so industrious. It must be the Olympics halo-effect. Every two years, I relive my imaginary career as a curler or figure skater or gymnast or shot putter and feel that I really must kick some order and rigor into my life. And, at this point in my life, it's more productive (and realistic, probably) to clean than do triple lutzes. Plus, since this is pre-Valentine's weekend, I could both tidy the homestead and catch bits and pieces of a day-long ABC Family romance-a-rama ("heaven, I'm in heaven"). So, in honor of my ultra-peppy mood, song Forty-Four is the Pizzicato Five's "Twiggy Twiggy/Twiggy v. James Bond." Now, if you've never heard P5, you're in for an ultra-Asian treat. This is probably one of their better known songs. P5 is upbeat lounge music for your favorite Chunking Express-esque noodle bar. They would be the band playing in a Godzilla movie if it panned through a happening discotheque right before he stomped through (think white go-go boots). This particular song rushes along with perky percussion, (likely) faux horns, and breathy-girly vocals. I dare you not to do the twist to this one.

321 to go.

No comments: