Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Song Forty-Five

This is a hit-and-run entry. I've downloaded a few songs that I haven't yet blogged about, and rather than do an all boogie-blog (which is coming soon, dear reader), I'll do an "Uh, Christmas is over" entry--this being what my husband said in passing through the room when I clicked on the Magnetic Fields' "100,000 Fireflies." Indeed, it has a bell-like sound through the early section that sounds like Rudolph is on his way, and the lead singer's voice is child-choir high. This makes it difficult to tell if she truly says, "it makes me want to kill myself" at one point--but the lyrics are clearly downbeat. Still, this sentiment certainly does capture an aspect of the heart-holiday for the lovelorn, and it is ridiculously cold outside. So, ho-ho-ho! Merry Valentine's!

320 to go.

No comments: