Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Song Eleven

Well, apparently it wasn't avian flu, just some yucky shorter lived stomach virus. Still, one can never be too careful. And, I'm well enough this afternoon to run my daughter to her first gymnastics class, which--if it is like her foray into ballet--will be even shorter lived. But, it does come with outfits.

So, quickly on to song eleven. Before introducing it, let me say there is a significant marital split in my house about this artist. I like his scornful, laid back delivery; my husband finds it not just disinterested but disinteresting (ah, the fine line between pathos and bathos). I refer, of course, not to Alexander Pope but to Jay-Z. Today's song is the bopping anthem, "Change Clothes." I love this song; it's funny, sexy, and ostentatious. And, it even uses Pharrell's too-high voice effectively--here's someone who should always be the bridesmaid! So, you go, Jigga!

354 to go.

PS--Today on iTunes, they're promoting Jack Johnson's contributions to the new Curious George movie. This is funny on so, so many levels.

No comments: